Fixing non-working Domain Contact Information
The final step to transfer a domain name with Network Solutions is to receive the
change confirmation, and reply to it from the email address listed as the
Administrative Contact for your domain name. If you no longer have access to that
email address the process will be halted, and you must take steps first to change the Contact Email.
Here is Network Solutions (NSI) process for changing the e-mail address
that they list for the administrative contact:
- First, go to this link:
- Now choose "Change my Contact record address, phone, or e-mail" from the pull-down
menu, and click on the "Go!" button.
- Enter the e-mail address and contact handle and click on the "proceed to contact information " button.
- Choose "mail-from" as your contact choice. Continue on to contact information by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen.
- Make any changes to the form that you need to make, such as updating your e-mail address.
Click on "proceed to: set authorization scheme"
- Choose "mail-from” as your contact choice again. Also supply the new e-mail address you want to use in the space provided.
Click on "create contact form" at the bottom of the page.
- Review the information on this sheet. If everything is the way you want, proceed to the next step by clicking on "mail this contact form to me"
- Wait until you receive an e-mail from NSI at the original address that you had listed.
Once you receive the Contact Form, you must E-mail it to HOSTMASTER@NETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM
You will receive an auto-reply with a tracking number. You will need this number when completing step 9.
- Now go to this link:
Fill in this page carefully, making sure to read all instructions.
Fax the page to the number specified in the instructions.
Look here for detailed instructions and further explanation of this form: